March 25, 2009

within walking distance: right place, right time

Photobucket


I attended a photo conference recently, and one of the things a presenter said was to take a picture when you noticed it. So, as I was walking last wednesday to an appointment, I noticed these doors. I liked them. So I took a picture. Once the mirror was back in place (after the shutter had completed its duty), I saw this through the viewfinder:



Photobucket

So I quickly clicked. I had no idea someone was coming with a bike, all of a sudden it was just there. I love the image. Taking it made me feel so accomplished. I caught it just in time, and at the right time. Great pictures happen when you show up. You have to be ready for them.

4 comments:

Kiera said...

way to go! This is GREAT!

Stina said...

What a great metaphor for life! That image is amazing and such a captured moment.

Carolyn said...

That IS a great picture! What a lovely coincidence. And go you for being prepared.

Marti said...

I like. . . .