July 15, 2009

within walking distance: the capitol

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know I already posted about seeing the Capitol. However, that was from a view park, and this was right up on it. Though I've been walking by for weeks now, I hadn't taken the time to walk up the steps. I realized last thursday why I love the capitol and this area of Salt Lake so much. It looks like the nation's capitol (so much in fact that Legally Blonde:2 was filmed here, that's a little piece of random useless trivia), and the monuments in memory grove below have the same roman-grecian-esque style. There is something reverent about it for me. And it looks enough like home, or is similiar a little, that I feel okay being here. I was getting antsy in our previous abode. I missed DC. Now, I'm just loving the sights (even more than before), and the walks and the view.

(p.s. i think i might put the first one up in my house. thoughts?)

1 comment:

Britt said...

LOVE the first one! The second one is great to but the first one is really awesome!