May 11, 2009

within walking distance: patriotism.... and self-importance

Photobucket

When I took this picture on one of my walks, I asked the lady, who was in her garden, if I could. She asked what it was for, so I briefly explained the project. She asked what the end result would be, I said, maybe a book. (unlikely, but who knows?). After I had taken the picture, she then asked, in what form would her royalties come, since I was taking a picture of the flag SHE made. Oh Americans, our ignorant arrogance. For future reference, if I do make a book, I won't include this one. (and as a side note, I did offer to email her a picture of it, to which she flippantly refused and scoffed. Wasn't that a nice and regular thing to offer?)

1 comment:

Kaylene said...

well come on now, what kind of world would we be living in if it weren't for our ignorant arrogance?

you are so awesome, and yes, it was a nice and regular thing to offer!