March 28, 2011
ideas by the wayside
Last year I had an idea hit me like a ton of bricks. I was thinking about how 1) it seems like there aren't many people in my generation who have or use china for special events, family dinners etc. and 2) how there is a country China that people take ownership in, made so clear via the opening ceremonies of the olympics there. And I was thinking that there can be a great commentary about the state of our country in relation to the "honor" we give our families. Who sits at a formal table anymore? China certainly was unified (and made the commentators speechless) in their performance. Could Americans perform so perfectly as a group?
The hang-up of course, was, how do you show people with the china? Do you photograph families at a table? Do you photograph the china itself, then a portrait of the owner? Do you photograph Chinese people with their families, using China?
I think there is something here, but the idea and link is too non sequitor visually. Its a discussion thing, not a photography thing, and that's ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment