

This band is great. Seriously. I love their music and had a great time photographing a little bit (though I wasn't about to bring my SLR with the crazy idiots that were moshing. More about moshing below). It was nice to get some pictures that I am pretty happy with, considering the circumstances. There was a guy there also photographing... looked like he had a canon, but it was maybe a rebel or something, nothing exciting there.... but the funny thing was, I am pretty sure he was laughing at the camera I was using. And probably thinking that his pictures would definitely be better than the ones I took, cause I could see it in his face (he even HUFFED once when I got my camera out for a shot before he did... so we were, in essence, photographing the same thing)... I didn't care, if you have the photography bug, it doesn't matter what you're using. Also, the band that played before them (Neon Trees?) had some sweeeet music. I had earplugs in during them though (because i was saving up the harm for the glorious sounds of the ER)
A note about MOSHING---
I have an issue with MOSH PITS. Aren't they only supposed to exist (if at all, and I seriously question THAT!) at multi-band shows or for heavy metal venues? How do you MOSH to the ER? It does not make sense. Not to mention, Provo's main residents are BYU students.. or at least LDS. I do not think my standards are too high to expect priesthood bearers to have it together enough to not smash into girls. Maybe its all that sexual tension? haha. I would think that with the way they were smelling (not good), they would at least want to have some sort of space so girls might still be slightly interested. I think the ER is way too cool to be so completely disrespected... I mean, really, do you have nothing better to do than bruise the people around you? Does their music honestly make you want to do that? HONESTLY?!
sorry for the rant.
To see the entire event and order prints, go here.
No comments:
Post a Comment