back in the day, i went on a photo trip to goblin valley. i have some good memories. i knew that landscapes weren't for me, then, just like i know it now. especially since there was a professional guy there with like 12 cameras set up in different parts of the park, and he spent the whole time running around checking if any of us were in his shots, and then asking us, awkwardly, if we'd move. he was visiting from japan, if i remember correctly.
what i like about this picture is that it was the first instance where i really paid attention to the light that is STILL there after the sun goes down. I also learned for the first time about the spatial properties of wide-angle lenses. I wish there was more of this, traveling with other photographers and creating real images, regardless of if that type of photography is our cup of tea or not.


2 comments:
Hi Alisha,
Stumbled across your blog by way of your comment on Everyday Reading. I love your photography work! Looking forward to reading more here.
Jenn
grrr. I was so poor in college, I only got to go one one of those trips, and, of course, I was the only one from our year that went on that trip. Totally bummed me out. I really wanted to go to Goblin Valley too... It's on my camping list for this summer.
Envy aside, I am glad you had fun.
Post a Comment