Hi All!
Tomorrow I'm changing my hat (from photog to mom) and teaching a class on Loving through Lullabies from 12-2pm at the Salt Lake City Main Library. It is part of the Breastfeeding Cafe, a community outreach program of the Utah Breastfeeding Coalition. Their goals are to...
1) Show that breastfeeding is normal
2) Inspire thought and conversation about breastfeeding
3) Encourage relationships among breastfeeding advocates
Regardless of whether you have breastfed or not, it seems within the circles I inhabit that most moms don't know very many lullabies. I know TONS and I really love to sing to and with my children. There is something soothing about it for both parties. The class will be wonderful and I'll have songs for confident singers AND for the one's who aren't so sure.
Also, if you haven't seen my pieces that are up, you can while you're there! ;)

2 comments:
This is such a great idea.
And I agree, I love lullabies too - you can't feel cranky or annoyed when you're singing a lullaby.
Well done! I love this creation of a breastfeeding community.
Couldn't help but comment on this post. My mom always thought "Rock-a-Bye Baby" had a creepy ending, so she changed it to "and mommy will catch you, cradle and all" instead of "and down will come baby, cradle and all". Great to meet you at the Avenues Street Fair! I loved your town-crier-ing.
Post a Comment