
On aug. 29th, I had the worst airport experience of my life.* It was so horrendous I didn't even write about it on here because it was too "everyday personal life" and that is not so much what this blog is about for me. However, now that i have had a 2nd altercation (in mid-september) with involvement in airport happenings, its time to share the hilarity. It can't be helped. ESPECIALLY since a camera got involved this time around.
I picked up my sister's friend from the airport and gave her a little tour of SLC. When said sister and her husband (pictured above), came to pick up her lovely friend, he took the keys to my car to retrieve her luggage. He decided to throw the keys to his wife (didn't want to come up the stairs, which I completely understand, we are on the 3rd floor)... however, keys had their own plans. They went onto the roof.
So, this image is of my brother-in-law, on top of my roof, retrieving my keys. This was not an awful event, frankly it was kinda hilarious. However, it is now seeming to be that certain activities are stacking up against me. I could write a LONG novella (oxymoron, I know) on my adventures, altercations and assaults at the grocery store Smiths.
Do I need to stop doing any airport activities and stop going to the grocery store? Seriously. Even a girl from DC with the ability to whip out east coast attitude at a snap has had enough.
*The aug. 29th incident involved a smoking car, lost keys, and a tow-truck leaving my car because they would not waive the $3 parking fee I was told was a courtesy. Would not take payment over the phone. Involved me at my pregnant-wit's-end, sobbing, because I had to teach a bunch of nine-year-olds at church the next day about how adversity makes us stronger. the irony was not lost on me then, nor is it now, but the whole thing was deplorable. Seriously, the Grimm Brothers were sitting in the corner while I was telling it, and even they were saying NO WAY.
No comments:
Post a Comment