While doing an internship and working at The Center for Documentary Arts, I worked on their Missing Stories project, following up on cultural traditions carried on in remembering and respecting the dead. I photographed the graves of people who had participated in the original project so that images could be included in revised editions of the book. As a reference, I read this great book, which has beautiful photographs. As a kid I had succumbed to the fear of graveyards because of ghost stories.... now they were beautiful and serene, and I still go to Mt. Olivet when I need to think. Well, I've got an idea for a project relating to graves and I did some research on it tonight. I'm excited.
August 23, 2008
the city cemetery
While doing an internship and working at The Center for Documentary Arts, I worked on their Missing Stories project, following up on cultural traditions carried on in remembering and respecting the dead. I photographed the graves of people who had participated in the original project so that images could be included in revised editions of the book. As a reference, I read this great book, which has beautiful photographs. As a kid I had succumbed to the fear of graveyards because of ghost stories.... now they were beautiful and serene, and I still go to Mt. Olivet when I need to think. Well, I've got an idea for a project relating to graves and I did some research on it tonight. I'm excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment